One common way for rental property investors to qualify for their first few rental properties is to purchase a home as their primary residence, live in that home for one year, and move out after the year is up — and then turn the home into a rental property. If you're a buy and hold [...] View the full article: The Tax Exemption That Can Save Thousands for Buy & Hold Investors on on The BiggerPockets Blog. This content is Copyright © 2015 BiggerPockets, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
About Bigger Pockets:
BiggerPockets.com is one of the most respected online networking and information resource platforms, created for real estate investors. With over 300,000 members, millions of forum posts, and tens of thousands of insightful articles, BiggerPockets is changing an industry, one investor at a time.
- BP Podcast 185: How "Rent-to-Own" Can Increase Cash Flow and Maximize Equity with Bill Powers
- How I Used Real Estate to Pay for My Newborn Daughter's College Education
- Gay Neighborhoods Are Seeing Huge Appreciation: Here's Why Investors Should Pay Attention
- What Real Estate Investors Can Learn from Bank of America's Failure to Focus
- 8 Awesome Tech Tools for Landlording, Lead Management, Productivity & More